7N/ 8D – Hamburg | Schwerin | Wismar | Rostock | Berlin
Hamburg: Aroma of the Great Wide World
The harbour of Hamburg is one of Europe’s greatest shipment centres. From nutmeg to coffee, the aromas from around the world guide you with every step throughout the city. Magnificent palaces, noble villas, elegant parks and numerous water routes dominate the city. The quality and variety of goods available in the shopping districts tempts all those who walk past.
DAY 1 (3-star accommodation; upgrade available)
- Collect 1-Day Hamburg Card, includes free public transport in the Greater Hamburg area and discounts on about 130 tourist attractions
- Miniatur Wunderland, the world’s biggest model railway exhibition
- Reeperbahn, the famed nightlife district
- 2-hour city tour of Hamburg by coach (audio-guide)
- 1-hour cruise on Hamburg’s Alster Lake (audio-guide)
- Departure from Hamburg Main Station
Schwerin: Pearl of the Lakes
A profusion of water and forests, cultural treasures and a fascinating old quarter are the hallmarks of Schwerin. Its remarkable fairy-tale castle in a fabulous setting is the town’s most famous landmark. Schwerin is the ideal location for a relaxing holiday with plenty to do.
DAY 3 (Continued)
- Check-in to Crowne Plaza Hotel Schwerin (4-stars); Includes breakfast and 3-course dinner (Indian-orientated food, vegetarian food should be booked in advance)
- Visit Schwerin’s fairytale castle which is also the regional capital’s most famous landmark and the seat of the regional parliament; In the castle museum, visitors can tour the state rooms in all their historic grandeur; Includes entrance to castle and exhibitions as well as a complimentary English guidebook about castle per room; All exhibitions throughout castle are available in English
- Departure from Schwerin Main Station
Wismar: UNESCO World Heritage Site by the Baltic Sea
Medieval Wismar, with 8 centuries of history, is the only town of its size on the southern Baltic that remains virtually intact. The architectural heritage of the market square, the three monumental Gothic churches and other impressive monuments contribute to the World Heritage Site’s inimitable appeal.
DAY 4 (Continued)
- Check-in to Steigenberger Hotel Stadt Hamburg (4-stars); Includes breakfast and dinner (Indian-orientated food, vegetarian food should be booked in advance)
- Sightseeing tour on the bus with an English-speaking presentation
- Ascent of the impressive tower of St. Mary with its height of 81 metres, completely built from red bricks (guided tour for safety reasons with English-speaking guide)
- Individual visit to the exhibition on Red Brick Gothic in the rooms of St. Mary, including a stereoscopic film-presentation on how they built these impressive red-Brick-Cathedrals in medieval times; explanations and presentation in English language (exhibition closes at 18.00 hrs., April-October)
- Harbour cruise with nice views of town and traditional sailing ships along the morning sites of the Old Harbour, a nice experience with a maritime flair (English presentation on board)
- Individual walk from the Old Harbour back to the hotel, final impression of the historic city centre with numerous shopping facilities
- Departure from Wismar Main Station
Rostock: Hanseatic Town on the Baltic
Neighbouring the seaside resort of Warnemünde, Rostock has a diverse cultural scene. Locals and tourists alike enjoy the historical centre with typical north German brick architecture and the maritime flair of old houses, a large beach, a lighthouse and the old fisherman port.
DAY 5 (Continued)
- Check-in to Hotel Neptun (5-stars) with direct sea view from all rooms; Includes breakfast and dinner (Indian-orientated food,vegetarian food should be booked in advance); Includes use of ARKONA SPA (indoor-swimming pool with seawater, sauna, fitness facilities and much more)
- Visit to Warnemünde, a 100-metre wide sandy beach with a promenade, a lighthouse, fish market, picturesque little fishermen’s cottages, traditional fish restaurants, fishing boats and sailing boats on the Alter Strom waterway; Bicycle hire is included as you cycle along the Baltic coast – one of the most popular cycling routes in Germany
- Enjoy a coach tour with English presentation of the Gothic, Renaissance and baroque gabled houses of Rostock’s historic city centre; these are impressive reminders of the wealth enjoyed by Rostock’s merchants in the Middle Ages, as are the mighty churches; the astronomical clock draws visitors into the Gothic basilica; just a stone’s throw away is the town hall with its baroque frontage
- Departure from Rostock Main Station
Berlin: Open Around the Clock
With 150 theatres, 170 museums, 300 private art galleries and 7000 pubs and restaurants, Berlin offers superlative experiences. The Kurfürstendamm offers 3.5 kilometres of shopping opportunities. Berlin is the focal point of politics, entertainment and cultural life in Germany.
DAY 6 (Continued) (3-star accommodation; upgrade available)
- Collect 48-hour Berlin Welcome Card including unlimited travel on public transport covering tram, underground, bus services and local train services; discounted admission fees including free entries to 140 top sights of Berlin; city map; public transport map
- Full-day hop-on/hop-off city sightseeing tour with audio guide
- Departure from Berlin Airport (via Frankfurt/ Istanbul) to Mumbai
Discover the Hidden Treasures of Germany with…