- The roar of a male lion can be heard up to a distance of 8 kilometres.
- Elephants drink about 190 litres of water a day. This is equal to the average daily consumption and usage of an Indian household.
- Leopards have a special ability of being able to hang upside down from trees.
- Rhinoceroses have roamed the Earth since the last 50 million years. That is approximately 50 times older than man.
- The African Buffalo is considered to be the most dangerous of the Big Five because it is so unpredictable. It gets nervous when not in a herd and attacks at the slightest provocation. And once injured or attacked it never forgives. Some buffaloes have been known to follow hunters who attacked them till the very end.