- South Africa has the only street in the world to house two Nobel Peace Prize winners – Vilakazi Street in Soweto has houses owned by Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
- South Africa has the longest wine route in the world, the R62 wine route.
- The Transfrontier Park set in South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe is a world first. The 38600 square kilometre park will be bigger than the Yellowstone National Park in the US, and bigger than Switzerland, Belgium or Taiwan.
- South Africa has 11 official languages: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Pedi, Sotho, Swazi, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu.
- More than 50% of the Paragliding world records have been set in South Africa.